View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 04:26 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Maroon View Post
Assuming Leblanc, Dumont and Tinordi make the team out of camp (highly unlikely but possible), and we don't know if they'll renew Blunden, Schultz, Delmas & Stejkal

Here's what we can expect:

G Mayer or Tokarski
Condon

D Ellis, Beaulieu
Nygren, Pateryn
Dietz, Corbin
F Bournival, Holland, Quailer
Nattinen, Kristo, Lefebvre
???
???

MB has to make some kind of minor league depth trade to get some bodies into Hamilton or they're finishing last again.
Looks like the Habs will have a few open contract spots, so I assume they have a plan after not signing guys like Pribyl, Archambault, Walsh. Getting some vets though should come in the off-season.

Leblanc I would be very surprised to see him make the Habs out of camp, Dumont we'll see how it goes for him and what the roster looks like, Tinordi I would prefer to see him get more time in the AHL but I could see them just going with him until Emelin is back. Also Delmas is under contract for next season already, I would bring back Blunden for sure, would be a good depth player for Hamilton, Schultz I assume he's gone and Stjeskal i'm not sure, I'd bring him back as he would be a good 7th D for the Dogs or ECHL depth if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
For all we know they might even draft some overagers who could step in the line-up right away.
Perhaps 1 pick could be used. I would be interested in Christopher Gibson since he's going back in the draft and can play in the AHL next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Leblanc is not going to make it out of training camp, Tenute and Blunden could be back and so could Belzile. Thrower also has a chance to make the team and Drewiske could stay in the organization.

Depending on how it plays out the team might only need to sign one or two veteran leaders to round out the roster. It's a little early to panic.
I don't see Leblanc on the Habs either, unless he has an unreal camp or injuries hit hard. Tenute is going to the SEL, Blunden I hope they do bring back. Belzile I would sign but I haven't heard anything on him yet. I do think Thrower will be a pro either AHL or ECHL (as they might not want to repeat having such a inexperienced D again)