View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 04:38 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNY View Post
It took him a long time to get back to some sort of form after the ankle injury. No doubt he lost some confidence.
For sure, as he looked like a shell of himself, so I assume his confidence was really down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
He just needs to get stronger. Two-way players with good hockey sense shouldn't have to take 3-4 years to make an impact in the minors. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because of his injury; but to me we're just grasping at straws to come up with some excuse. Maybe he's just not that good.
Leblanc was among the top scorers in Hamilton during his rookie season but this year he was terrible. So one good year one bad, next should be very telling since it's the final year he can play in the AHL without waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
He has some talent, but seems to play a perimieter type of game, not sure if he can handle going to the dirty areas...I think he is a long shot to make the club next season...
this year he wasn't as involved physically, but he's not a perimieter type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaddict View Post
I don't think the habs have considered Lablanc a center for a while now.
He is a winger. Depth at center does't matter to him.
And obviously who's called up next is not an issue. The issue is that he
played poorly last year. Changing that is the important thing.
yes, leblanc has been a winger in Hamilton the entire time, he may have seen a couple shifts at center in his first year but is always a winger and I would think it will stay that way. Always felt he would end up on the wing when watching in in the USHL/NCAA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I'd say Leblancs weakness is easily physical strength. He doesn't play a perimeter game but I'm not sure he can handle 82 games a year with his current build. Needs to get him to train with Subban over the summer instead of Desharnais or whoever trained him last summer.
agreed, he needs to get stronger and quicker imo.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote