Old
06-07-2013, 05:08 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
The likelyhood is that it isn't a one for one deal.

I could LIVE with a one for one deal....

I hated the JVR deal, because he is more talented than Schenn, I felt we should have gotten more, but I can live with the deal...because at least it was one young guy for another young guy.

I never liked the Pronger deal...because the cost was too high.

I've got no interest in trading 3+ assets for 1 player because that is what we need right now...We don't have the organizational depth to do this...
Yeah I understand that it likely wouldn't be Couturier for Yandle and I have made it clear (or at least I thought) that I wouldn't overpay for Yandle. If it was Couturier + something inconsequential, ok. But I wouldn't deal something like Couturier and 11 or something like that.

As far as JvR, I have said this from the beginning and it is similar to the Couturier scenario. The Flyers have plenty of offensive talent and had no young, high ceiling shut down defenders. Schenn turned out to be arguably our best defender this year, and JvR played well in Toronto. It was a win for both teams. I feel safe saying that this team without Schenn wouldn't have been better off with JvR on the wing.

And Pronger, well, there was a lot going on there. I still think I'd do it again if given the chance. If he wasn't injured I don't think there would be any talk of trading Couturier right now.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote