Thread: Plekanec
View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 05:38 PM
HabsSlappy

vCash: 500
Successful teams are able to trade players while they have value and replace them from previous draft picks within. It is safe to assume that Galchenyuk and Eller will have the capability to take over the first and second line centre positions as soon as the 2014-15 season.

I see Plekanec being traded at sometime in the 2014 offseason and possibly at the deadline if the Habs underperform next season. He is exactly the type of player that Stanley Cup contenders (like it or not we are not contenders yet) covet for a cup run and with 2 years left in his deal, that makes him very attractive.

Montreal is developing a core around Price, Subban, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Eller. Other young players depending on how they develop will be added to that core. Remember that Bergevin said, they want to contend every year. The way to do that is to trade a valuable asset when you have youngsters able to take over with little to no change in results.

I can see it starting to happen and it is time for fans to embrace it. I would welcome a Plekanec trade under the right circumstances, because it would mean that we are building towards a Stanley Cup contender for years to come.

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote