View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Dennis Bonvie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Of course you haven't, they aren't there yet. The cut-off is TWO seasons of note, not one. They're half way there!

Anytime before Julien basically. Including the decade or more that he wasn't good enough to play in the NHL.
Once again, neither Elliott nor Anderson has had a Vezina or even Vezina nominated season. So compared to what Thomas did twice, they stand at 0. Meaning they are 0% of the way there.

Lundqvist, with one Vezina season, is half way there. As I said earlier, I don't think Lundqvist is Hall ready at this moment. But I believe he will be if his career continues on a normal path. I don't think Thomas is Hall ready either, but that doesn't mean I don't think he was as good or better than Lundqvist up to this point.

As for Thomas not being good enough to play in the NHL, I'd say that had more to do with the way he was viewed as a goaltender. That being, the way you view him. He wasn't given a chance. When given the chance he seemed quite capable. I understand that he is an oddity in the way he plays the position, but he always seemed to get the job done, from college to Finland to the AHL to the NHL.

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote