View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
The mix isn't quite right.

The shortcut is for Price to find a level that we haven't seen yet. That can mask alot of other shortcomings.

But the more likely route requires more ruggedness. The top 6 is not rugged enough. I don't worry about the bottom 6 ruggedness as much because those guys are easier to find, but when David Clarkson gets his new contract this summer, it will reflect just how much in demand a rugged top 6 winger really is. This will be Bergevin's toughest task.

Aside from that, the D requires a more rugged touch, especially when you get down to the 3rd pairing. Tinordi may be an answer here, but we got to be mindful of his developmental path, and as much as I admire Bouillon's courage, he's aging, and he can get in trouble when he cant use the boards to his advantage.

Other than that, I'm happy with the mix of youth, veteran and talent level. I find the majority of the guys on the squad to have a good compete level too. Now, its just a matter of continuing to add in the character department, and to find those elusive top 6 bulldozers to compliment what the habs already have. Bergevin's ability to address this issue will likely determine how long the habs are from becoming a contender.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote