View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Phillyfan28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah I understand that it likely wouldn't be Couturier for Yandle and I have made it clear (or at least I thought) that I wouldn't overpay for Yandle. If it was Couturier + something inconsequential, ok. But I wouldn't deal something like Couturier and 11 or something like that.

As far as JvR, I have said this from the beginning and it is similar to the Couturier scenario. The Flyers have plenty of offensive talent and had no young, high ceiling shut down defenders. Schenn turned out to be arguably our best defender this year, and JvR played well in Toronto. It was a win for both teams. I feel safe saying that this team without Schenn wouldn't have been better off with JvR on the wing.

And Pronger, well, there was a lot going on there. I still think I'd do it again if given the chance. If he wasn't injured I don't think there would be any talk of trading Couturier right now.
I wanted JVR to blow up, but from watching him during his time in philly, I personally concluded he is too soft to fulfill his potential.

I understand you give to get, and as much as i love Couturier I would deal him in the right trade; however, hes coming off of a "down" year and im not much for selling low. I personally think he is going to have a bounce back junior year and come on strong, along with B. Schenn.

Phillyfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote