Old
06-07-2013, 06:15 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
No way that's worth it. Would you do Giroux for Phaneuf?

Edit: I mean, that just sounds absurd. Trading Couturier for a heavily sheltered complimentary Dman who won't come close to compensating for our newly aggravated lack of defensive skill strikes me as the kind of move that should get a GM fired. That's a Howson move.
Giroux for Phaneuf is nowhere near the same as Couturier for Yandle. I would not do Giroux for Phaneuf for obvious reasons. To begin with, I think Yandle is better/more valuable (or at least on the same level) than Phaneuf and Giroux is better/more valuable than Couturier. I also think replacing Giroux would be more difficult than replacing Couturier.

I don't agree with your conclusion that Couturier's absence will automatically create a problem, without even knowing who his replacement would be, as well as your conclusion that Yandle won't come close to compensating for this drastic drop in defense. I think both of those conclusions are wrong. The way I see it, Couturier's absence likely won't create the problem you are afraid of, and any problem that does hypothetically occur will be compensated by the play of Yandle. There really is no way to quantify or prove either of these points so the discussion is likely reaching its end and we'll just have to wait and see what happens at the draft. Haha.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote