Old
06-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Grace Personified

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
Once again, neither Elliott nor Anderson has had a Vezina or even Vezina nominated season. So compared to what Thomas did twice, they stand at 0. Meaning they are 0% of the way there.

Lundqvist, with one Vezina season, is half way there. As I said earlier, I don't think Lundqvist is Hall ready at this moment. But I believe he will be if his career continues on a normal path. I don't think Thomas is Hall ready either, but that doesn't mean I don't think he was as good or better than Lundqvist up to this point.

As for Thomas not being good enough to play in the NHL, I'd say that had more to do with the way he was viewed as a goaltender. That being, the way you view him. He wasn't given a chance. When given the chance he seemed quite capable. I understand that he is an oddity in the way he plays the position, but he always seemed to get the job done, from college to Finland to the AHL to the NHL.
I'm not really sure how Lundqvist can be viewed as having an inferior career to Thomas.

Thomas was drafted, left unsigned. He got invite(s) to training camps, wasn't deemed good enough. Was scouted by other clubs, deemed not good enough. Came into the NHL, wasn't good enough. Then Claude Julien came into the picture and all of a sudden he's amazing. And then he quit on his teammates.

I'm sure he did fine against low level competition. But it's not an accident or a mistake that he didn't play in the league for as long as he did and that his only NHL success is behind Julien/Chara.

YouTube Channel: The Two-Line Pass - Hockey news, knowledge, video breakdowns and more: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKAI...52Q577Q/videos

Latest installment:Ep. 4 - Brady Skjei Evaluation
Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote