View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Talks to Goalposts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Yes, the team does miss that sniper element, but I also like the 3 line offensive balance. By rugged, I mean guys who are made for the playoff grind. Out of all the leagues, I think the nhl post season differs more than the regular than any other sport. We have to be mindful of the kinds of players who tend to elevate their game, or are primed for the playoff format, to compliment what the team already has.

I think if you can locate these rugged, character guys, the "size issue" will slowly fizzle away, or take care of itself.
Well, I'm of the opinion that the size issue, at least at forward, is not the problem its made out to be. Despite howling protestations to the contrary, the Sens didn't beat the Habs on forcing the forwards to the outside.

As of right now the Habs have about as much bigger than average players in their top six/nine as most cup winners. And the difference between DD, Gionta and Gallagher and 3 of the forwards Chicago has in their top nine is inches in height, but the same weight and that the Habs tiny forwards are as a group way better at getting goals from dirty areas of the ice.

I'd say the easiest point of improvement is to revamp the d core to be better at helping the goaltending out. But that's changing 1 or 2 bodies to a group that already is pretty strong in a number of areas.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote