View Single Post
Old
06-07-2013, 07:14 PM
ABasin
Something's wrong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
It's obvious some people have an opinion (not necessarily you AB)
Oh, I don't know, Foppa. I have some strong opinions about some topics, too. Sometimes, I'm even right.

Quote:
that he doesn't really serve a valuable purpose on the team. There's been exaggerations and untruths told by some about him being a poor skater, or a penalty liability, or bad defensively. None of which is really true.
But that's opinion also. I don't feel he's a big penalty liability, nor terribly bad defensively (I believe he's both position- and opposing-player- aware in the defensive zone). But I do believe his skating leaves a lot to be desired. He's limited. Thus, his 4th line status - and his inability to make the NHL until age 26.

Quote:
, Then people question the general effectiveness of an enforcer calming down the opposition and protecting their teammates. I provide a good example of this happening,
That was pretty cool of you, but are there an equal number of clips out there showing he's not?

I actually personally enjoy this debate, because I'm not really sure what the correct answer is. You've made good points, some other people have made some good opposing points also. I see both sides of this.

In the end, he's signed, and I'm not bummed about it per se. I don't see the need for two tough guys on the 4th line, and the team is really missing a PK guy on the depth lines, so I hope that gets dealt with this Summer. If that happens, I'm pretty OK with Bordeleau on the roster.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote