View Single Post
06-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Playoff losers
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
For clarification, I have no issues with Legwand. He is fast, he does have good hands, and I also think he's an above average passer. I think part of his problems have stemmed from being more of a playmaker for an organization that has lacked good finishers. He is what he is at this point, and frankly, I find it hard to assess 894 games and 526 points as a failure by any measure.

Back to topic, there is no reason to think that Trotz would advocate any of those three over Barkov, considering Barkov is fairly well-praised for his strong two-way game as is.
I have always been a Legwand guy. I actually refer to him as "The Franchise". Watch him in Shoot-outs he's magic.

Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Yeah legwand was a prize when he was drafted. There is reason he went so high, sub par draft or not.

But my question for you,
Why don't you think trotz would want barkov? He is so sound defensively as well, but also provides his bench with some much needed offense. He 'has' to understand they cannot score!
I don't know if Trotz wants Barkov or not. I'm just thinking that the guys I listed are considered better defenders. Trotz wants one-way players IMO (as long as it's Defense)
I remember an Interview with Trotz about Radulov in his first camp. Trotz said he was not a good hockey player only a scorer and Rads was going to have to make adjustments to ever be a NHL player. Trotz almost sounded upset at Poile for drafting him. Since then we have not drafted anything but "two-way" guys or Defensemen. At that time no one knew how the Radulov situation was going to turn out. I personally feel that Rads left because of Trotz and not just $$$$$$

Last edited by Gnashville: 06-07-2013 at 10:14 PM.