Old
10-10-2006, 03:42 PM
mattski93
Poo Brain

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to mattski93 Send a message via Skype™ to mattski93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
Great list of players mattski - thanks for the info.

We also have Tom Carlon who is very promising apparently. I also remember the names Adam Brittle and Oliver Bronniman. Matt Myers too (v.good in Eastside!) I'll have to find out how they are doing. There was someone else who emerged at a recent youth tournament, voted the best player but his name escapes me atm (Adam Walker?)
Carlon's probably on the verge on breaking into the GB team as a regular - playing for the national team coach domestically can't hurt his chances - Brittle's kinda stalled in his development, not panning out as hoped and at 21 he's running out of time. Can't believe I forgot Brönnimann, he's a star of the future and could be the standout player in years to come.

As for Walker, since he's playing for Manchester I get to watch him every weekend and I can tell you he's a good one. Scored an absolute beauty of a wrister against Newcastle last Sunday, and he and Joe Miller are getting regular ice time both at even strength and on PPs and PKs. They've played often against other teams' top lines and not looked out of place at all. With Matt Rich joining them in place of James Hutchinson last weekend they looked even more potent. We may have one of the youngest British contingents in the Elite but from what I've seen so far it's one of the better ones.