Old
06-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Star Kunitz

vCash: 2563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Boston was just a better team, doesn't make the Pens bad. Get a new coach perhaps? I roll my eyes at the countless Pen fans trade proposals that will come within the next few days.
I'll join you with most of them...but I don't care how good Boston was, the Penguins scored 2 goals in 4 games...after averaging more than 4 a game in the previous two rounds. The Bruins deserve a metric ton of credit, but when you're talking a historically low stat like that the story is more than just 'they got shut down'.

Heads are going to roll after something like that happens. As for now...the wounds are too fresh to speculate with a level head...but people expecting to land Kris Letang for a #4 defender and a 2nd rounder are going to be extremely disappointed.

Step one is clearly the coach. Even if he didn't deserve it, a sacrificial lamb would have to be present after this sort of series...and Bylsma deserves it. His inability to adjust/control his team has been the death knell to the Penguins in all four full seasons he's been around...the year they won the Cup was the year his system wasn't fully implemented yet.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote