Thread: Speculation: pens offseason
View Single Post
Old
06-08-2013, 02:11 AM
GreatStateofHockey

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1396 View Post
I'm expecting some significant changes, 1st with Bylsma. I like him, but he needs to go, he mis handles things a lot, such as the whole Iginla situation, and the way he handled Despres. After that i'm expecting Fleury gone via trade, not buyout like some people believe he will, some non playoff team, that wants to get there *cough* Oilers *cough* will want him, he will get them there, but once they make it to the playoffs, there is no telling how he'll play. After that i'm expecting some improvements to the D, with Niskanen traded along with something else for a solid top 4 dman. Lastly i'm expecting a trade for a goalie, hopefully Miller.
I think a swap with Buffalo would be a realistic scenario. Fleury is younger (though it is only 4 years), but if Pittsburgh added a good prospect , unless someone blows buffalo away that wold be a decent offer. Fleury will bounce back, and be at his top form when the Sabres are looking to be competitive again. It gives the Sabres a great 1A/1B scenario where they can ride the hot goalie, A la Pittsburgh this year in the playoffs.

GreatStateofHockey is online now   Reply With Quote