View Single Post
Old
06-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Habssupporter

vCash: 500
I think we need to take a step back from this horrendous playoff and take a look at the direction our organisation is going.

Last year we finished 3rd last. We had enormous problems on the back-end, couldn't depend on more than 3 players to score.

We added :

-Galchenyuk (most of us here, even pessimists (sp?), agree he has 1st line player all over him)
-Gallagher (a sure-fire top6 forward, will be in the finalists for Calder)
-P.K. elevated his play to #1 undisputed defenseman in this league (finalist for the Norris)
-We dumped Gomez contract and will be dumping Kaberle's contract as well.
-We acquired many picks in this year's draft
-Traded Cole's contract away saving us some money to spend on our RFAs or UFAs
-Found ourselves a reliable #2 goaltender than will be with us for a couple more years(when we traded away Halak I feared when would be playing musical chair with this position for yearsss!)

We went from a bottom feeder team to a really good regular season team in only one year. I think we made TREMENDOUS progress and we really have to be happy with the job Bergevin has made.

The step we now have to make is between a playoff team to a dangerous playoff team. This development takes time we can't expect over one season to go from last in the east to play for the cup. We have done a lot of things right and I don't see anything showing me that we are not still going the right way here.

I'd say in 3 years we are a serious contender.

A player like Bickell in UFA this season + a replacement for Moen or White on the fourth line + a minute-eating defenseman like Komisarek when he was good with us would go a long way.

Also let's not forget a couple years means we get rid of gionta's contract(in my mind he is beyong useless) and all our young players (PK, PAC, Galchenyuk,Gallagher, Tinordi) can gain some experience. They are all young and all Key pieces to our club and other than PK, it was all their first playoff taste!! (PK was only his second taste)

What i'm trying to say is even if we still have some work to do, let's take a moment and look back and see how far we've come. I have A LOT of faith in the new management(something I haven't say too much in the past 10 years) and i really like what we are building!

Habssupporter is offline   Reply With Quote