View Single Post
Old
06-08-2013, 04:47 AM
Hackett
BAKAMAN

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Talks to Goalposts;67170797]Well, I'm of the opinion that the size issue, at least at forward, is not the problem its made out to be. Despite howling protestations to the contrary, the Sens didn't beat the Habs on forcing the forwards to the outside.

As of right now the Habs have about as much bigger than average players in their top six/nine as most cup winners. And the difference between DD, Gionta and Gallagher and 3 of the forwards Chicago has in their top nine is inches in height, but the same weight and that the Habs tiny forwards are as a group way better at getting goals from dirty areas of the ice.

I'd say the easiest point of improvement is to revamp the d core to be better at helping the goaltending out. But that's changing 1 or 2 bodies to a group that already is pretty strong in a number of areas.
[/B]

I agree with what you said about the sens. The habs certainly had their chances, but I felt that the sens were getting easy and opportunistic goals. Anderson was stellar, while Price was not as good as the habs needed him to be. That's what it really boiled down to, above all else.

I don't want a dismantling of the top 6, but rather one more rugged body that can be added to the core, which in turn can take some load off of Gionta. With the miles on gionta, and given his contract status, it's time to start that transition. I'm also a little nervous about Desharnais, who I've generally supported, but I was very disappointed with his play after he signed his new deal. Hopefully, it was just a case of adjusting to the new pressures of a wealthy contract, because if that's the case, I think he can overcome that.

Regarding the D, I'll echo my original post. The top 4 is decent in Markov, Subban, Emelin, and Gorges/Diaz. The #6 and #7 slots can be upgraded though. Bouillon should be an insurance policy and never be forced into a greater role than that. That leaves room for Tinordi, assuming he continues to progress, and another crease clearing, stay at home defender to round out the depth.

I think we are in agreement for the most part.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote