Old
06-08-2013, 07:42 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDN View Post
What about Desrosiers? Is he better than Fucale?
Not even close. Fucale is miles ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
So, there is really no valid argument against drafting Fucale. (And I won't be surprised if we do.)

You really can't build an argument using the absolutely vague "hometown pressure". Pressure is handled differently by every player. You surely all liked the way Roy handled it(93 anyone?).
  • Fact is, nobody know how Fucale will handle it in the bigs. Yes Thibault couldn't, yes Theodore couldn't, Price can't seem to, Huet... my point: hometown or not, goaltenders who can handle it in the NHL, in any city, makes it. Pittsburgh doesn't seem to be much better for Fleury...or Lalime in Ottawa or etc. etc.
  • You are evaluating this situation from the viewpoint of our last 10-15 years. Who knows how our past goaltenders would have performed without the need to be excellent night-in night-out because of often very bad defensive(and overall) talent. Good goaltenders are often made by good teams. Lets just say: it's been a very long time since this team could be evaluated as Stanley cup caliber talent-wise. If this changes they way you draft and why, you will keep losing, simple as that.
  • Nobody really can deny that goaltenders is one of our worse position in talent depth (maybe with RW). (Btw I'm taking Burakowsky before Fucale, but they are both in my top 20 selection list.)
There is a valid argument against Fucale. I'm a die hard Mooseheads fans who have seen him through two play-off runs and many many regular season games. He will be Price version 2 only not as good on the Habs. He'd be eaten alive in no time and he will not be able to stand it. You might not think it's valid, but I do. Fucale and Montreal, Montreal and ANY 1st round goalie right now, will be a disaster.