View Single Post
Old
06-08-2013, 11:27 AM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
While the Penguins had average goaltending, I don't really see why so many are claiming it as their undoing in the playoffs when the offense - with all these high profile scorers - managed only 2 goals in 4 games of the ECF. I doubt that Pittsburgh will move either Crosby or Malkin but, with Staal traded last summer, they have to be looking hard at their forward corps moving ahead. Younger support players like Sutter, Neal and Kunitz didn't perform under pressure and the balance of their top 9 in the playoffs (Dupuis, Morrow, Iginla) are UFAs on the downsides of their careers and unlikely to return.

Shero may not be thrilled with Fleury's performance but I suspect he's more likely to write off this year's playoff by him than he is to dismiss a lack of depth behind Malkin and Crosby. I think the offseason moves he makes will be more about solidifying his forward corps and defense than his goaltending.

For that reason, if Regier were to approach Shero, I'd imagine that Vanek and Myers have more appeal to Pittsburgh than Miller.
I have no idea how appealing Miller would be to the Pens. But the Pens problem was they were too one dimensional. Adding Vanek and/or Myers doesn't fix that.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote