View Single Post
Old
06-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Rolex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Baby View Post
If there was ever a time to do it, it was when they still had Staal. Now's not the time.
Its going to be hard for them to get full value in return for him if they try to move him. Because they dealt off Staal, they would need a top two center coming back their way in any trade. The Penguins probably would want a haul similar to what the Flyers got for Lindros- a goaltender, two centers, two defensemen, a wing and two #1 draft choices. I can't see any team giving up close to that for Malkin. Even one center, one defenseman, a goal tender, a wing and two #1s would be too much for a team to give up today.
I don't believe that re-signing Malkin to a long term deal will be an easy thing for Pittsburgh. He's going to want a max contract and then Sidney would want his deal upgraded to match that. In the back of my mind, I think that Malkin sees himself as a leader of a team, like Ovey is in Washington, and will want to be in a place where he can be that. In Pittsburgh he just rides shot gun to Crosby.