View Single Post
Old
06-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Boston is destroying Pittsburgh who destroyed Ottawa who destroyed the Habs. What's a fan to think?

It's all a lot to take in, but by this year's performance in the playoffs the Habs have a way to go. The topic is a more honest discussion than had the Habs lost in game 7 to the team that eventually wins the cup. Like 2011.

Boston proves that strength and depth gets more important as the other teams play tough games and eventually wilt by comparison. They are third round strong and the habs were first round weak.
That is a rather narrow-minded perspective and lacks proper context. Toronto was seconds away from eliminating Boston and I'd wager their roster trumps Ottawa's. I would not call the Leafs a conference contending team, but there was a real possibility they could have qualified. We lost primarily because the team overachieved and it caught up to them at the worst possible team. This team still has a plethora of kids making up the core and there will be development hurdles.

Are we there yet? No, however we are close. We need some additional scoring depth and/or another contributing defenseman. Give it another year or two and I believe the Habs will make the jump into consistent cup contender, depending what impact the kids have.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote