View Single Post
06-08-2013, 02:27 PM
HFB Partner
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Rather have him than Gaborik. At least he is useful when not in the offensive zone.
Fine, he's a better all-around player. But we still need more goal scoring. I don't think a sane person would argue that. Fixing that problem is on Sather. But I don't trust putting whomever we might acquire with a stubborn defensive-minded coach. Like I said, alot of problems with this team, particularly scoring, were not necessarily Tort's fault, but a new philosophy will allow us to address these problems without worrying about certain players clashing with the coach.

Certain players have to be allowed to do whatever they want. Ovechkin dominated this year because Oates lets him do what he wants. I don't particularly trust Sather to fix our offense, but we're stuck with him. It all would have been a moot point without a coach that allows more offensive freedom. Yeah some guys just score and are useless aside from that. Sometimes you just have to deal with it to put goals up on the board.

Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Still had more goals playing with a torn labrum than Gaborik.
I don't care if he has a torn brain. If Ryan Callahan is a star sniper on your team you need scoring.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote