View Single Post
06-08-2013, 03:07 PM
If it weren’t for me
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Is that a joke of a statement? What if I said "Did you ever take a second to think that the team's 'performance' in Game 4 was a back breaker (emotionally) to Hank?". They're professionals. They played plenty of emotional games. It's on the coach to focus them if they are letting any type of emotions get to them from game to game. Don't insinuate that his poor performance in game 5 is the reason they threw the towel in after being in the game all of game 6. I could do the same with team's performance in game 4 and the effect it could have potentially had on Henrik in game 5. Doesn't mean it's true.
Uh, they are also human. That "performance" in game 5 clearly had an effect on the team. Is that a good thing? Nope. But it was painfully obvious for anyone who watched the game. They should not have let it effect them and you won't see me say otherwise, but it pretty clearly did.

His play was outstanding in 4 of the 6 games. 2 of the 6 it was not. Henrik is not perfect but HE is the reason we got to where we did. Don't fool yourself. This team would be no where with out him. It wouldn't have gone to the ECF last year with out him. They wouldn't have made the playoffs any of the other years Torts was here either.
Outstanding in 4 games? Laughable. He was great in game 3 and was very good in game 1 (he was hardly challenged and it was one of the easiest shutouts Hank has ever had). If you think he was "outstanding" in games 2 and 6, than you clearly have a vastly different definition of the word than I do. Outstanding would be putting up two shutouts. Not posting a sub .900 save percentage and playing mediocre goaltending. I won't say he was horrible or bad, but he was laughably far from outstanding. He was mediocre to good, your hyperbole notwithstanding.

Rask played like horse **** in game 7 of the first round. Scratch that, he played like horse **** from game 5-7 of the first round. His team picked up the slack when he was blowing it. Our team was incapable of doing that because of the style of play we incorporated. That easily could have been us last year against the Devils. Easily, had we ever had a semblance of offense.
Do you see me disagreeing? Why do you think I blame the team as well as Hank and the coaching? You are the only one incapable of putting blame on a party in this debate.

If we go back to the Devils series last year the amount of quality chances they had on us was far greater than the quality chances we had on them, despite the shots count. We can rack up 50 shots, doesn't mean any of them are dangerous.
Really? Brodeur played very, very good that series. As a fatso hater, I actually have to give him credit. He robbed us of goals a number of times and outplayed Hank.

Back to what you were saying. Besides the shut outs Hank wasn't superb? Game 6? He kept the ****ing team in it when they just decided to pack it in. All 18 skaters were just going through the motions, they barely had any intensity the final period and OT. Henrik made some unreal stops during that time period.
If the team decided to pack it in, it wouldn't have put up the shots and wouldn't have had the chances it did. Game 6 was a very tightly contested game where Brodeur, par for the course, outplayed Hank and got his team the win. Now, I am not going to blame Hank for that loss. He played good. Not outstanding, but good. The team also played good. The Devils just had a better performance from Brodeur and rallie around it.

And talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I'm blind that im not blaming Henrik? Why in the world would I place blame on him? Everyone who thinks they can come out and be like "oh people are so blind, henrik is great but he doesn't play up to his vezina caliber for 2-3 games... so he's a big part of the reason we lost" is blind themselves. Are you that ignorant to actually sit and type how he is expendable because he didn't rob 2 wins for us? Is playing up to standards stealing 4 games every series? Cause he seems to do that more than any other goalie on any other team. Disgusting. He is your ****ing team. It's just him that shows up many nights, yet you still sit and complain about him.
Why in the world would you not place any blame on him? If you think he's blameless, than you are truly out of your mind.

The funny thing is you think he had an outstanding series. Guess that means you're a true Ranger fan since you think "mediocre" or merely "good" is "outstanding." No wonder Sather is still employed. I'm sure Dolan has the exact same mindset as you do.

"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is online now   Reply With Quote