View Single Post
Old
06-08-2013, 11:39 PM
habs76sk
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Hey All,

As a first time poster, I'd like to get everyones take on a few things.

1. There has been much discussion about quebec prospects on these boards. Now, being a western guy, I have to say, I always hate the faction of habs fans clamouring for the habs to draft all french speaking prospects. I want the habs to take BPA (best prospect available, not best player available) at all times regardless of what language they speak. Now in saying that, I really like the QMJHL prospects in this draft. I really like what I hear about Laurent Dauphin. I like to look beyond this season at what the prospect has done in past seasons. Dauphin has been a consistent point producer at every level and has drawn pretty high praise from scouts at the U-18s. I have only seen him on tape but I would not be disapointed if we take him in the 1st round. I know his upside has been rated as 2nd line center, but I think he could be at the top end of second line centers if you give him time to develop. I am also very high on Morgan Klimchuk if anyone wishes to compare/contrast the two.

2. The WHL D. Almost every year, the dub produces a few nhl defencemen. I think this year is no exception. And, this could be a banner year for whl D. There have been various rankings and opinions of all these guys, but I would like to get peoples take on the following:

Josh Morrissey
Madison Bowey
Ryan Pulock
Dillon Heatherington
Mirco Mueller
Shea Theodore

I know the habs do not have a need for D-prospects, but this may be the year to fill the cupboard on D (think drafting price when we had theodore).

3. Upside. I think we need to draft on upside and potential. It doesn't matter who the better player is now, it matters who the better player will be in four years time. You can have busts like Fischer, but you can also hit homeruns like pacioretty and subban.

Thanks all, and go easy on me.