View Single Post
Old
06-09-2013, 12:43 PM
gelu88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Yup. Would expect that they can't expand the deck on the bottom of the picture in order to keep the view on the Big O as per municipal rules or something like that
The only regulation is that the "road"(now just the sightline) from the O to the athletes village remain intact. that's why the old stands and new have a gap in between. They can make the stands as big as they want, if they want to kill the view its not a problem for the city.

Are you sure about the beams? I thought I knew everything about the stadium, yet i've never heard that.

Those beams seem to be way to thin for any sort of large deck. If you look at whats supporting the upper deck at Molson, its much more significant.

Not saying they can't expand up. I expect they would want to do so at some point, but it'll be a pretty significant undertaking when they do.

Personally I would prefer if they demolished and remade the North stands first. Since there is way more room behind it. They could have a large multi-level stand like BMO field in its place, plus have the players come out from the middle instead of from the corner(through crowds!) like they do now..