View Single Post
Old
06-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Krut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
This could be tough to do. Close to a decade of piss poor teams and bad home game experience has led to a lot of change in behavior and people that just don't care about the team or product anymore.

You're reading somebody that used to attend TC for fun, that used to follow the club religiously, that can barely even read an article about them now.

Through years of org incompetence I've let it go. moved on. For years its been show me time. Somehow last season I really tried to bring the optimism and stay behind the club. I feel like I spent up the last remaining connection to org doing that.

I imagine I'll go to games because I like attending anything at Commonwealth. I won't have meaningful connection with any other player than Fred Stamps. I'll know more about opponent teams coming in here then I will about present day Eskimos. Kind of a reflection on how bad the turnstile has been here.

This is essentially an expansion club. Maybe call them GreenGold.
Same with me in a way. I used to love everything Eskimos, but they have gradually died for me over the last few years especially.

Losing hasn't affected my love or attention to the Oilers one iota, but it has for the Esks. I think a lot of it has to do with the timing of the games. It's hard to justify wasting a Friday/Saturday night in the summer watching a garbage football team when there are 1000 other things to be doing.

Sitting in the stands watching the Esks get killed is hard to stomach when you know you could be at the cabin fishing in the sun with a few cold brews instead.