View Single Post
Old
06-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Connor McOilers
We suck.

vCash: 500
So I started working on a game used Oiler stick coffee table today. Cut the legs out of a small tree from my backyard (that had to be cut down to avoid roots growing in to the foundation, calm down tree huggers) and began cleaning up the wood to make it nice and smooth for staining and finishing.

So far I have just 4 sticks (Gags, PRV, Dubnyk, and Smid) and I'll need more in order to use them as the tabletop surface but in the mean time I'll be building the frame and getting it all set so that when I do get enough sticks I can just cut them to length and lay them on. I'm in a pretty lucky position, my sister works security at flames game outside the visitors locker room so whenever the Oilers come to town she grabs me any broken sticks they leave behind. I could've had Belanger and Fistric sticks as well but I dumped them off on my brother because I'm trying to stick to players I really like. Come to think of it i might grab the Fistric one back if we re-sign him, but he can keep the Belanger for his stick bench he''s making out of players from any team.