View Single Post
Old
06-09-2013, 04:58 PM
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Expectations are that low nowadays...So Moore and Cole were pluses yet lasted 1 year.
Missed his first two moves including Moore - I'll add them to the OP.
I don't have FA signings listed - website I used didn't have them but agree they should be part of any assessment

Quote:
How Festerling for McIntyre fits in the Okay category is just incredible especially since you use that stars system to show how not bad Gauthier finally was.
Would you rather have Festerling or McIntyre? They both seem pretty useless to me hence my ok rating

Quote:
1 3rd for 2 4th is a good bet for Timmins....well it depens of the year don't you think? If the 3rd's isn't called Serville but let say Pageau...is it still a good deal? I mean not using that 3rd made us lose Pageau.....
Just saying I think two 4ths for a 3rd is not a bad trade, hence my okay rating

Quote:
Then 4 stars for Blunden vs Russell...seriously?
I would rather have Blundern than Russell hence my rating of a good trade

Quote:
Okay so if he "wins" a trade no matter how important he wins...this trade is in the same category than the Halak trade?
I'm sure a more refined system could provide a better assessment of each trade - just providing a very simple and humble opinion - did not intend to offend the hockey gods.

Quote:
How is the SKostitsyn an okay trade? 'Cause he HAD TO GO? But didn't he had 1 50 points and 1 43 points while the guys we had got....what again? But even if he has to go...we had to rid of him for nothing?
I dont think too many veteran GM's could have got much value for SK after his benchings and montreal fans ready to run him out of town. under the circumstances I thought we were lucky to get anything at all.

Steve Shutt is offline   Reply With Quote