View Single Post
Old
06-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
JVR is a power forward who is effective on the PK and in front of the net. His net front presence creates a lot of goals that he doesn't get assists on. Also he is a monster playoffs performer.

Gagner on the other hand is a small center who doesn't bring much to a team besides points.

You may like gagner more, but I'm pretty sure the leafs would rather keep JVR and not think twice.
Again, the only reason this got sidetracked to a JVR/Gagner debate is because of the one-sided analysis of some Leaf fans like yourself. In your assessment JVR is effective on the PK but Gagner is a small center who doesn't bring much to a team besides points, yet Gagner played more on the penalty kill than JVR, as well as setting up two game winners short handed (Leafs had 1 shorty all year and JVR wasn't in on it).

I'd probably take JVR over Gagner based on our need for size but I think both are pretty close in terms of player value. The way you describe it though, Gagner should be thankful he's in the league while JVR should buy a bigger trophy case

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote