View Single Post
Old
06-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
That said, the team that Regier should be talking to about Miller is probably Pittsburgh at this point. MAF/Vokoun didn't get it done so finding a possible MAF-for-Miller swap it a little equalizer going to Buffalo as a short-term answer for the Pens has some appeal.

Pens get a preceived better pressure goalie, potentially with a cap adjustment held by the Sabres to allow the Pens to retain UFA around their core while removing a guy who's confidence appears shot on a longer deal. Buffalo moves Miller for something, even if it is a transitional piece like MAF, and avoids losing him for nothing. Waddell being a pro scout for the Pens might work in the Sabres favor too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
I thought part of the problem with the Pens was goaltending confidence and part was their defensemen's ability to actually play defense -- getting the puck back and moving it to the forwards. Miller could be a solution to the former.
This should dispel any notions of a goaltending change in Pittsburgh:

Quote:
As the Pittsburgh Penguins embark on an off-season that figures to include significant changes, coach Dan Bylsma insists the goalie position won't be one of them.

Bylsma called Marc-Andre Fleury "a franchise goalie . . . this franchise's goalie" on Sunday, one month to the day after Tomas Vokoun made his Penguins post-season debut in place of Fleury as Pittsburgh's starter.
Quote:
"Marc-Andre Fleury, I'm not sure the definition of 'franchise goalie,' (but) he's our No. 1 goalie," Bylsma said two days after the Boston Bruins completed a stunning sweep of the Penguins in the Eastern Conference finals. "He's a No. 1 goalie for this franchise and he will be going forward.

"We were in a situation where Tomas Vokoun went into net and won the third and fourth games of a series for us and continued to play in our net. But Marc-Andre Fleury is a guy who's going to come back to our team and he's going to be the No. 1 goalie. He's going to be the franchise goalie. He's going to be this franchise's goalie."
Quote:
"I like it a lot here and don't want to go anywhere else," Fleury said. "I like the guys in the room here, and feel every year we have a chance at the Stanley Cup. So I'm hoping I can be back."
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=425068

Sounds pretty emphatic to me....

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote