View Single Post
Old
06-09-2013, 10:38 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
How can we move down anyway? You need at least 2 great picks to move down. in this great draft, there is NO way I trade my 1st for a 1st and 3rd. It has to be 1st and 2nd. Like it usually is anyway. So our only choice is with the Ducks. But that's only for 1 pick...will they do it? Their 1st and their 2nd at 45 for our 1st to just move up one spot? If they are really afraid they'll lose their guy....sure they'll do it. So let's hope Timmins and Co will know who they are targetting. If not, we are talking about the Sabres....Our 1st for their 2 2nd's. Making them have 3 1st....Do we want that amongst our own division. In such a year?
You grab two 2nd rounders for a late first, Detroit has done that in the past a few times I believe. If the guys the Habs target are not there and they think the guys they want will be there there further in the draft, why not?

They did that in 2011. They traded their pick to the leafs, who selected Biggs. With the 2nd rounders, the Wings got Ouellet and Jurco.

I believe a few teams have extra 2nd rounders this draft.