View Single Post
Old
06-09-2013, 11:04 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally weir View Post
I can't believe how greedy people are on this board.We have virtually 3 first round picks and they want to move up or down and acquire more picks. I , for one, think we should stay put.

Moving up or down can only be a losing proposition once the draft is over and pundits start playing the blame game. Remember , sometimes your best moves re the ones you don't make.

I know there will be fallers this year, just like every year. This will change the dynamics of the draft. There may be a "run" on defensemen, or forwards allowing a player the Habs targeted to fall to 25.
Personally I would love a run on defensemen which would allow some forward, which we need, to drop to us. Wennberg,Erne, Mantha and Gauthier would be possibilities in this scenario.
Why is it greedy to want a player that Timmins might have in his Top 10?

Best draft since 2003 they say. That's awesome. How about you look at the players selected 34th and 36th in that draft. Hell, I'll do it for you. Mike Egener and Vojtech Polak.

Would you rather have Anthony Stewart (25th), Egener (34th) and Polak (36th), or Parise (17th) and Polak?

Now obviously these are two different scenarios, but we have one of the best drafters at the helm in Timmins. If he really likes a guy and wants to move up, then by all means. I prefer quality over quantity. I feel the Habs did well in quantity last draft. With this many picks in the Top 90 they should consider moving up. This isn't like moving up in 2010 and losing any shot at a decent player in the 2nd round. You still have two shots (34/36 and 55) as well as an early shot in the 3rd round. People here act like it would be the end of the world. The Habs are in a great position to bargain.