View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 12:09 AM
ahthorne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadesofFutility View Post
Why would Nashville want 4- #1 picks, instead of players.
He was their captain and a fan favorite.
Holmgren offered them nothing valuable off his roster.

If the Flyers had been willing to trade a 2 top players and
2 #1 picks, then a Weber deal might have taken place.
Holmgren tried to outbid them, he gambled and lost.
He did not try hard enough to get Weber, IMHO.

Suter really wasn't an option, he looked available but was not.
He and Parise wanted to create their own dream team (like Miami Heat) in Minnosota.
First of all, you don't know what Holmgren offered off of his roster. He didn't try hard enough to get Weber? More like he decided not to decimate his current roster and again take a huge mortage on the future in a year of cap issues and lockouts and goalie problems. He probably signed Weber to the highest profile offer sheet of all time. Even if Weber came here, what if he's injured and goes onto the LTIR? Would be pretty similar to the Pronger trade... You're just not making any sense man.

Suter and Parise both took their sweet time to pick the Wild as their destination. Philly had similar money on the table, but for whatever reason and I'm sure we could find many, they chose the Wild which happened to be the team from their home state, a team that missed the playoffs since 08-09. Parise and Suter going to Minnesota is nothing like the Miami Heat.

You can't say he doesn't try. Nothing has worked out recently, is all, except for Luke Schenn and Erik Gustafsson who are getting pretty under appreciated around here. Gustafsson and Schenn have all the tools and opportunity to both be stud top-4 defenders next year, and moving forward.

---

Moving onto the draft, I don't know who I would pick if the draft goes something similar to this:

1. Jones
2. MacKinnon
3. Drouin
4. Barkov
5. Nichushkin
6. Monahan
7. Lindholm
8. Ristolainen
9. Shinkaruk
10. Nurse
11. ???

Really opens up at 11 in my opinion. Could be a defender like Zadorov, Pulock, Morrissey or even Sam Morin. Or a forward like Lazar, Horvat, Domi or a wildcard like Zykov. Out of those players, the best player in 2 or 3 years could easily be somebody like Zykov. Deep drafts make for many surprises.