Old
06-10-2013, 08:08 AM
TheShoe82
No Diving!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggleboom View Post
I guess this is the right place to post this:

I live in Vancouver but will luckily be in Montreal for a few days around June 17. My brother, 6 year-old son and I will be driving down to Boston to see game 3! I am so excited - I have only ever seen 1 game before in Boston (in 2010 when they scored 3 SHG against Carolina on the same PK). I went to game 2 of the SCF in Vancouver and I am so looking forward to seeing a SCF game not being the enemy!

Anyways, I do not know Boston well and have a few questions.

1. Driving in from Montreal on the Monday around 2:00 pm or so - any particular traffic areas to avoid? Our hotel is walking distance from the Garden.

2. Recommendation for dinner near the Garden? (I am with my 6 year-old son)

3. If we have a few hours to kill before the game, where should we go to check out the city (within walking distance of the Garden)?

4. What time do the doors open at the arena?

Thanks so much for any help! I can't wait for this - it is a like a religious pilgrimage! Those of you who live in/near Boston have no idea how lucky you are to be able to see the team so easily!
1 - In terms of traffic, you will be arriving in the city after 7pm, so you miss most of the major traffic, but there will still be some residual volume.

2 - There are alot of bars and restaurants across from the garden, but its been awhile since I dined in that area, I am sure someone else will chime in.

3 - You can walk to the North End or the waterfront before the game, its not too far and its usually cooler down by the water.

4 - East and West Premium Doors open two hours prior to game time; General doors open one hour prior to game time unless otherwise specifically noted. - See more at: http://www.tdgarden.com/td-garden-po....hS3FDEIt.dpuf

TheShoe82 is offline   Reply With Quote