View Single Post
Old
10-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Jakomyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
If we are going to play him on a 4th line and rot send him back down and bring up Kosty . After the 9th game do him a favour and give him ice time, then hopefully next year we play him with players can work with . Like I said before we are too scared to play a kid, mainly cups of coffee on 4th lines or a kid plays well in a few games and gets demoted later on . We didn`t have to spend 3 mil on Samsonov, when Lats and Kosty should of been on the top 3 lines from the start. We have plenty of vets to play these guys with . I don`t see how maybe 25 goals out of Samsonov justifies 3 mil a year .
Might I remind you that Perezhogin started last year as our 13th forward and finished on the 3rd line. We are only 2 games into the season, so I'm sure Latendresse will be given his opportunity at some point. I also don't believe that 'easing' him in with 8-9 minutes to start is a bad idea... better than giving him 15 minutes (and all the expectations that come along with those minutes) right off the bat. The kid is only 19 years old after all.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote