View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Tuukka Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggleboom View Post
1. Driving in from Montreal on the Monday around 2:00 pm or so - any particular traffic areas to avoid? Our hotel is walking distance from the Garden.

2. Recommendation for dinner near the Garden? (I am with my 6 year-old son)

3. If we have a few hours to kill before the game, where should we go to check out the city (within walking distance of the Garden)?

4. What time do the doors open at the arena?

Thanks so much for any help! I can't wait for this - it is a like a religious pilgrimage! Those of you who live in/near Boston have no idea how lucky you are to be able to see the team so easily!
Do you mean arriving in Boston around 2PM or leaving Montreal around 2PM.

If leaving then, you're taking a HUGE risk IMO. You're looking at a 5 and a half hour drive in good traffic conditions. If there are any significant backups anywhere on your route (and I've seen it backed up 5+ miles into town from the north on I93 with some regularity around after 6PM even in non-event days....all it takes is one accident - even if it's on 95 anywhere near the interchange in Woburn - or a backup up toll to screw up everything), you could easily miss some of the game.

I'd honestly leave no later than noon, especially if you're planning on having dinner beforehand. My 7 year old boy likes Boston Beerworks and Halftime Pizza, which are basically right across from the Garden, but there are a ton of decent places all around there with essentially the same menus.

Tuukka Time is online now   Reply With Quote