View Single Post
Old
10-11-2006, 05:30 PM
kdb209
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Yes. I was only answering the question w.r.t. Re-Entry Waivers.

I wasn't talking about Regular Waivers other than my qualification "Players who are still exempt from waivers when being sent down are also exempt from recall waivers."

Players are exempt from Regular waivers for a certain number of years from signing their first SPC (or a certain number of NHL games, whichever comes first). The exemption length is based on their age when drafted. The details are in the table in Article 13.4.

13.4 Exempt Players. Players who meet the criteria set forth below are exempt from Regular and Re-Entry-Waivers:
Code:
           GOALIES                                          SKATERS

Years from                                     Years from
           Signing          NHL Games             Signing          NHL Games        
 Age   –NHL              Played                      –NHL              Played

18      6                     80                              5                     160
19      5                     80                              4                     160
20      4                     80                              3                     160
21      4                     60                              3                       80
22      4                     60                              3                       70
23      3                     60                              3                       60
24      2                     60                              2                       60
25+    1                     --                              1                       --
The 5 yr / 4 yr exemption for 18 & 19 yo skaters is reduced to 3 years starting the first season that the player plays 11 or more NHL game. Similarly, the 6 yr / 5yr exemption for 18 & 19 yo goalies is reduced to 4 years starting the first season that the player plays 11 or more NHL games.

kdb209 is offline   Reply With Quote