View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Drive425

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Listen i know everyone talks about how we won't compete for a cup until we drop some smaller players and replace them with Bickell types, and its hard to disagree completely. But at the end of the day there's still something very lineal about teams like Los Angeles and Boston in their cup runs.

Outstanding goaltending.

There's a reason why Pittsburgh with all their star power got destroyed last year by Philly, and couldn't make it Boston this year.

Sub-par goaltending.

The same thing can be said about our first round this year. Montreal overall played very well--size had very little to do with it. It was Carey Price not being good enough.

I think the key is getting him the right goalie coach. It's really too bad Olaf Kolzig can't come help out. Price needs a coach that works as teacher/psychologist. The same can probably be said about Fleury. They both seem to have similar focus issues.

I still think that we need to get bigger and more physical, but probably the most important task this summer is to get Carey the right goalie coach, imo.
BS. They scored 2 goals against Boston and the reason was sub-par goaltending?