View Single Post
Old
01-06-2004, 11:15 AM
rekrul

vCash: 500
Its early but this feels a little like 93-94

1/2 season done but.....

think about it in 93-94 a new GM ( actually the three headed monster as many will recall ) New coach and a lot of new faces, most thought the team would be dead last. Horrible start, 0-8-1 but then slowly a defensive system, hot goalie and general team chemistry came together. Some contributions from very young Defsense ( Ozo/Kroupa ) some castoffs like Garpenlov or former great players like I Larionov/Markarov plus a few home grown high end F prospects like Whitney. Team snuck up on you, out of nowhere they just started winning.

03-04 Basicly new coach, new GM, A cast off ( Ekman ) a few young D, and homegrown F prospects, a former great player( Damphousee).... team had horrible start but eventually came together. IT is sneaking up on people.

Course we know how the 94 team went on to do and what happened, the lockout came ( OMG another similarity!) the GM 'experiment' was terminated, the 95-96 team crashed. We found out that the lockerroom wasen't so rosy ( guys like Elik were horrible for the young guys ) and Falloon never developed.

Now they have a much better coach, maybe a much better GM, Marleau may be busting out. I think the Org will never have the situation of a bad place for development like '96 I really think D Wilson understands this pretty well. We may finally get a hard working team that suceeds and rebuilds at the same time.