View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Chester Copperpot
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I don't think George would have retained him at a full cap. With a few players carrying a lot of the cap hit, I don't think we can afford another 2M 4th line W (Fehr / Ward).

What he brings in the shootout was not needed this past year, and there is no shootouts when the games matter most. Sheer fisticuffs, Volpatti can handle that. And may be more durable that Hendricks who seemed to need 10-20 games to mend (pure speculation on my part).
Volpatti can fight better than Hendricks. I've always said that few enjoy getting punched in the face more than Hendricks, but Volpatti is extremely raw in most aspects of the game and offers little more than being a bull in a china shop. He got much better at passing the puck and cycling towards the end of the season, and he was still a scratch more often than not (which is saying something).

I don't see Fehr as a 4th liner, but I get what you are saying. To me, Fehr is the only shooter on the team besides Ovechkin.

I also agree about the goons having very little outcome on the game. You get more bang for your buck by cycling the opponents 1st line to death in their offensive zone than you do letting the guys go at it. Nonetheless, I love fighting in hockey and I didn't enjoy watching Hendricks get his ass kicked on a regular basis.

Chester Copperpot is offline   Reply With Quote