Old
06-10-2013, 12:49 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'd prefer that over Couts for Yandle.
Me too. I really want no part of yandle, and it's more simple of a rationale than you may think.

Couturier: 20 years old
Shattenkirk: 24 years old
Yandle: 26 years old

I understand that yandle isn't really old... But he's 6 years older than couturier and will be effective for a shorter time than couturier will be. Shattenkirk is only a little more than 2 years younger than yandle, but that's still better and he still fits into our young core better than yandle does. Moreover, Shattenkirk still has room to grow and improve. Yandle is likely what he'll always be: an offensive defenseman with average at best defensive capabilities and a reputation for coughing up the puck under pressure... Sound farmiliar? I'll give you a hint; my girlfriend has stronger wrists than him

I'm not all gung ho "lets trade couturier! Yay ilpatience!". I actually love couturier... But there's no sense in keeping these players we all want to keep because of their potential while we ignore the issues keeping this team from competing. I understand the rational that we should be more patient with young players, but if we keep all of Giroux Schenn couturier and Laughton, 1, they're all not going to reach their potential because there's only so much ice time for centers (I even have my doubts about couturier reaching his potential getting 3rd line minutes, he needs to at least be getting 2nd line duty. Something I don't think he'll get here) and 2, it's absolute moot if we aren't addressing the complete incompetence on the back end. We could have 4 of the best young centers in the world and it makes absolutely no difference if your defense is in the shape as ours is long term.