View Single Post
Old
01-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711
It's disturbing to me that a country that cares more about tractor pulls than hockey can win a tournament like that... Did the States even send over one reporter to Helsinki to cover the tourney?
Here's an idea, we'll send you back the World Series' from '92 and '93 and you give us the hockey tournaments from now on... Nobody north of the border cares about baseball and nobody south of the border cares about hockey... it's a win-win...
Not to mention that there are two Canadian traitors playing on Team USA, in the old days, that would be punishable by death...
MoFo Fleury looks like he's progressing well through the Penguins school of "Finding ways to lose"... He especially impressed Mario with his mid-term project of "Banking a clearing attempt off your own defenseman and into your own net" Good job ya tool!
Yes it's frustrating and yes I'm bitter... sue me.

As a fellow Canadian...congrats USA. No offense intended but Fleury is not the reason we lost. That clearing attempt was freakish, that's it. Nobody wanted to win this tournament more than the players...and they are kids. Congrats to Canada also...made me proud anyways. Maybe this will create more interest next year...especially if there is a lock-out.