Old
06-10-2013, 12:21 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
I love the idea of making this deal with the Isles. With the salary cap I am sure Molson's make alot of money off the business on a yearly basis. This 15 or so million would be a drop in the bucket. Get Niņo and the 15th pick if it is possible. Send Gio in the deal if they want him.
Tell that to Geoff Molson and the other 6 entities of the ownership group. You'll see their reaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Not sure if the amnesty buyouts are available next year. Is that right or am I dreaming?
Like everyone said, this offseason and next offseason plus the brief offseason before the season started (1 amnesty buyout allowed a la Gomez, Redden, etc.) but no more than 2 allowed over this time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
This sane ownership group just spent 600 million overall, again, it is called a high risk, high reward investment.

The dipietro contract with a first? Low risk and low reward.

We have access to all the icon information necessary. We know:
1) the cost of dipietro.
2) the expected value of a playoff round (7 million)
3) the cost of borrowing: 5% or so.
4) the average historical performance of draft picks.
Where did you get this number from? It's 1 million in revenue per HOME GAME of which your minimum is 2 and maximum is 3 or 4 depending on if you're the higher seed. This doesn't include TV (which i assume pays extra for playoff broadcasting rights) and advertising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Listen i know everyone talks about how we won't compete for a cup until we drop some smaller players and replace them with Bickell types, and its hard to disagree completely. But at the end of the day there's still something very lineal about teams like Los Angeles and Boston in their cup runs.

Outstanding goaltending.

There's a reason why Pittsburgh with all their star power got destroyed last year by Philly, and couldn't make it Boston this year.

Sub-par goaltending.

The same thing can be said about our first round this year. Montreal overall played very well--size had very little to do with it. It was Carey Price not being good enough.

I think the key is getting him the right goalie coach. It's really too bad Olaf Kolzig can't come help out. Price needs a coach that works as teacher/psychologist. The same can probably be said about Fleury. They both seem to have similar focus issues.

I still think that we need to get bigger and more physical, but probably the most important task this summer is to get Carey the right goalie coach, imo.
This is not true at all.

Firstly, like said above, Bruins allowed 2 goals on 160 shots. That's better than Craig Anderson's numbers from the regular season.

Secondly, our series against Ottawa, Price let one game go (Game 1). Game 2 he won pretty much for us, Game 3 we stopped playing after being down 4-1, and Game 4 we should have won but were unlucky.

Bruins shut down the Pens. LA, who has amazing goaltending, didn't beat CHI. The reason being is CHI's offense could not be handled by JQ and the LA D. That, plus some other external factors, lead to the Kings losing in 5.