Thread: Confirmed with Link: Subban wins the Norris!!!!! (per Reality)
View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 02:26 PM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Wong View Post
First major trophy for a member of the Habs in long time.

Very well deserved imo. Lots of room for him to improve before he reaches his ceiling.
JOSE 2001-02 (Hart & Vezina). Love this. Congrats to PK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Oh man, he's gonna cost us a ******** of money next summer but congrats to PK if true. And a big **** you to all the haters out there.
Doesn't matter, won division

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I still don't think Bergevin cares about paying Subban what he's worth. To me that was the whole point of the bridge contract - I'm sure Bergevin knows he could have caved and signed Subban to a discount for a longer term, but I don't think his goal is to nickel-and-dime his players. I think he's more than okay with saying, "we don't have a problem paying you what you're worth if you accomplish the goals we set out for you". Maybe it'll cause him cap headaches, but I think he values the good will and the culture it creates over a million or so bucks in cap space.

At least, that's what I believe his philosophy to be. Whether you agree with it or not is another thing entirely, but I think it's at least respectable (if maybe not practical from the point of view of the cap).
This. A great philosphy for GMs to go by. Better than having a GM that trades your best goaltending prospect for a Calder trophy winner that had a really bad sophmore (and possibly junior) slump (yes, i'm talking about JFJ and the TML).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
**** YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993 View Post
Using the bridge contract is not only smart but a must for any GM to properly manage a team. Look at Edmonton for proof of what overpaying for kids does to your ability to build a competitive team. The CBA was designed to keep a lid on salaries for younger players. If you don't use it then you are a fool. Now all of Edmontons younger players will want what Ebs and Hall received with their 2nd contract. RNH, Yaks And Schultz will want the 5 million per. What a mess. Hats off to MB for using his brain.
What a debacle Edmonton will be in a couple years. Bridge contracts are important.

dmanfish90 is offline   Reply With Quote