View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 02:48 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
My early, early guess on the team based only on the camp roster plus Hartman who is only missing due to injury:

Forwards (x13):

Nic Kerdiles - J.T. Compher - Riley Barber
Taylor Cammarata - Jimmy Lodge - Adam Erne
Cristoval Nieves - Dan O'Regan - Ryan Hartman
Stefan Matteau - Matt Lane - Henrik Samuelsson
Michael McCarron

Defense (x7):

Matt Grzelcyk - Steven Santini
Ian McCoshen - Connor Carrick
Patrick Sieloff - Dylan Blujus
Anthony DeAngelo

Goalies (x3):

Jon Gillies
Anthony Stolarz
Thatcher Demko

Notes:

- With so few "locks", a really tough roster to predict due to the domino effect so-to-speak. What happens with each spot will determine the way the chips fall for everyone else.

- I have Matteau on the roster now but he is obviously on thin ice for the time being.

- Some players, like Samuelsson, will have to be very good in the summer camp and their respective seasons if USAH puts a premium on skating again.

- I'm really interested to see if an underager can crack the roster. Hopefully Eichel (and Clarke but we'll see where he stands with USAH after the Hlinka) dominate to get their names in the mix.

- I would imagine the third goalie spot goes to a player with eligibility going forward (like a Demko). Of note is the Alex Nedeljkovic isn't at the goalie camp that's going on right now in Ann Arbor; however, that could be due to the fact that he will likely be backstopping Team USA at the Ivan Hlinka which crosses over with this camp, or because he's a '96 and he'll have to play his way into the mix via the Hlinka and start of the OHL season. I still figured they would have given him a look at the pre-camp as well, although Gillies isn't there either, so we'll see there.

- The missing star power (Galchenyuk, Trouba, Jones) will be tough to overcome but I still like the pieces they have here. Definitely a medal contender but they will need to gel quickly.

Last edited by William H Bonney: 06-10-2013 at 02:57 PM.