Thread: Penalty Kill
View Single Post
Old
01-06-2004, 11:34 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Unfortunately...

this team doesn't have a competent top 6. Is there a true defensive defenseman on this team that you'd feel comfortable going against top lines? Prior to Kaspar playing here, but after his signing with the Rangers, I would've said him, but today, I can't say anybody. Leetch has no business doing that. Poti definitely doesn't. M&M can if you catch them the right day, but that's too far and between. deVries is solid, but is better suited for the second pairing, not the top. That's the construction of this team barring a trade. I don't mind having Leetch and Poti paired given who the other four defensemen are. It hurts both of them having each other, but I'm not sure if there would be a difference breaking them up. The only thing I would try is Malakhov-Leetch again, with Malakhov being the 'stay-at-home' guy, a role he filled well two seasons ago, and see if he lives up to the responsibility. Let's face it, we're stuck with these guys. They're not moveable. There's likely nobody on the farm any better. We're just friggin' stuck.