View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
That is the rules for a standard buyout. That comes with a cap hit on the Flyers books. Compliance buyouts are the full amount to the player, but clears ALL of the the cap hit from the books. Big difference.
You're wrong. It's still two thirds as per page 289 of the CBA.

http://www.nhlpa.com/inside-nhlpa/co...ning-agreement

"Compliance Buy-Outs shall be effectuated on the same terms as are set forth in
Paragraph 13 of the SPC, except that (i) there shall be no charge against
the Club's Averaged Club Salary in any League Year on account of a
Compliance Buy-Out and (ii) any amounts paid pursuant to a Compliance
Buy-Out shall be counted against the Players' Share in the League Years
in which they are paid."

http://flyersfaithful.com/2012/08/06...tract-buyouts/

Quote:
13. The Club, in addition to other rights hereunder, at its option, by written notice delivered to the Player in person, or by overnight mail to the Player’s address set forth herein, may terminate this SPC on the following conditions:
(a) The Club shall offer the Player on Unconditional Waivers, either before or promptly after the notice of intention to exercise the Ordinary Course Buy-Out
option (herein called “notice of termination”) is given.

(i) beginning the later of June 15 or forty-eight (48) hours after the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Finals and ending at 5:00 p.m. New York time on June 30; and

(i) if the Player is under 26 years of age at the time the termination is effective, an amount equal to 1/3 of, or
(ii) if the Player is 26 years of age or older at the time the termination is effective, an amount equal to 2/3 of the total fixed amount of the Player’s Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, for the unexpired fixed-term of this SPC, reduced by any advance payment of Paragraph 1 Salary received by the Player prior to the date the termination is effective.
(e) Upon termination, the Player shall immediately be an Unrestricted Free Agent and shall no longer be obligated to perform under this SPC.