View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I thought that was the premise of this board? Also, again, that's quite rich coming from you considering your attitude towards anything regarding Gainey and Gauthier, especially in relation to their love for Carey Price. Though I'm not surprised, I think I can count the amount of times you haven't attacked another poster in your posts on one hand.

They couldn't get a deal done because as McKenzie reported, Subban wanted a 4.5m a year deal for 5 or 6 years while Bergevin wanted a 2 year bridge deal because he didn't feel like Subban had proven his ability yet. This has nothing to with being smarter than Bergevin. When the deal was signed, the Habs had the option of signing Subban long term at relatively low salary. Bergevin pushed his "bridge" deal. Now at the end of this contract we will probably need to sign Subban to a higher cap hit than what we could have signed him for.

For a GM who preaches the mentality of "every dollar counts", he sure didn't show much foresight in his handling of the Subban case.
Bergevin is now going to get a deal signed that gets PK to age 30 , instead of 27, keeping him out of free agency at least 3 years and overall the money will be manageable over that time.

How's Tyler Myers 7 year deal looking to you right now?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote