Thread: Confirmed with Link: Rangers Name Alain Vigneault Head Coach
View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 07:40 PM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

vCash: 500
Stop coaching Pat keeps writing Torts had one year remaining on his contract. Torts was given an extension during the season.

Jim Nill

Quote:
On the importance of experience

ďItís the best league in the world. Iím not being naÔve, there are some great young coaches out there, too, and I even may go that route. But right now my ideal situation is to get an experienced guy that has been through it. Itís not the league where you want to be learning on the fly. You need to know what you are going into. From day one of training camp, you need to know what to expect. Itís a tough job dealing with the players. You are dealing with people and different personalities. Itís a tough job with the pressure the players are under, so you need somebody thatís been through that and how to handle that.Ē

His thoughts on former New York Rangers coach John Tortorella as a possibility

ďI think John is a great coach. Anytime you coach in New York City it is a tough gig, and I thought he did a great job there. In the end in this game everybody is hired to win and sometimes we get fired for that. But I think John is not only a good coach, but a good person also. Heís got a different side to him. A lot of people see the coach Tortorella, but John is actually a great guy. He is definitely a name we are also looking at.Ē
http://starsinsideedge.com/2013/06/1...hn-tortorella/