View Single Post
Old
06-10-2013, 08:57 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

vCash: 500
This article pretty much sums it up.

I'm very high on the Swedes like most.

Kreider will be on the team, Miller should make the team, McLIrath will have a long look but probably start in the AHL unless he has a monster preseason.

As for the Swedes;

Lindberg-His faceoff ability and grit plus he's played against higher competition will give him the inside track to be the co 3c or 4c depending on who is going that night or who is being used in what situations. I expect him to PK. The biggest question mark with him is how he'll translate his excellent offensive output to the NHL.

Which leads to the biggest wildcard of them all;

Fast-He has the speed, skill, and tenacity to be a very effective player and score at this level. I know he's a RW, but there's no reason he can't eventually be Rick Nash's sidekick and a very good player on the power play. He should also be able to PK based on his speed and aggressiveness. If he shows he can keep up with the pace he should make the team. The ONLY and ONLY thing that could hold him back are injuries. He gets banged up a lot, but hopefully he's added muscle during this offseason and is preparing for the challenge. I think he's the biggest x-factor in the Rangers organization and health will be what makes him either a long time NHLer or a Prucha/Havlat.

I also expect Thomas/Yogan/Hrivik to have a shot as well. Each brings a unique attribute. I'd love for Yogan to make the team based on his size but he needs to have really improved in these last few months while training.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote